Nature for our Mental Health
There is little doubt that our connection to ‘nature’ has been an invaluable support during the pandemic. A growing body of research shows a high correlation between exposure to nature and improved mental health. We are yet to fully understand why this might be, but one theory suggests that whilst humans are relatively new to urban living, we find comfort from the same environment in which our brains adapted; that is among trees and water.
The power of ‘nature’ is the theme for next month’s Mental Health Awareness Week which takes place from 10th to 16th May. Even just short periods of time with nature, be that enjoying a cup of tea outdoors or nurturing house plants, enhances mood and reduce our response to stress. Our new webinar aims to help participants get maximum benefits from these interactions by strengthening our experiences of nature and green spaces.
In this 60-minute webinar, participants will learn more about
the science behind nature and how we can integrate it into our daily lives to boost mood and reduce stress.
- The science behind nature and its importance for our mental health and wellbeing.
- How to integrate more nature into our lives.
- Strategies that connect us to nature to boost mood and reduce stress.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Capacity: Up to 100.
- Facilitator: A clinical psychologist.
- Logistics: You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the Webinar which will be streamed via Zoom.
- Avalible: Worldwide
If this sounds like what you need, we would love to hear from you.